donderdag 5 december 2013

Offshore cranes, I'm fascinated about them!

Offshore cranes are really amazing

As you all will know, I’m a technique fan. I love everything about technique and especially in oilrigs, offshore cranes and normal cranes. I’m writing this blog for the English readers, I hope you will enjoy it. I want to tell you something about offshore cranes and my ideas about them.
I’m living in The Netherlands and I’m not very proud about our history, we did some bad things and conquered many countries. Indonesia is one of this countries and lays in South-East Asia. We’ve been there for more than 100 years and are now gone for a half century.

Indonesia is very busy and most of the people live in the capital Jakarta. The problem with Jakarta is the geographical location. It is near the sea and the sea is rising! It is rising rapidly and that is why the government searched for help. The Dutch are specialized in building things in the sea, think of our dikes and our polders. The Indonesian government has called the help from a couple big Dutch companies to share their expertise and bring their gear.



Offshore cranes in the Java Sea

The coast near Jakarta is full with offshore cranes and workpeople. They are fighting against the water that is rising and they can do this with dikes and embankments. I’m really fascinated about this big operation, I’ve went to Jakarta last month and I’ve been to many construction sides. I’ve spoken to several workers, from local Indonesian people to Dutch workers. It was fascinating to see how they worked together. Indonesia is a country with other norms and values, but the workers seemed not to matter.

We went to Tanjung Priok the harbor and I asked an worker if I could go to an offshore crane. I was a bit scared about his reaction, but surprisingly he answered: Yes! They took me on a little boat and brought me to an very big offshore crane from Kenz Cranes. It was really amazing! It was very huge and the workers on the offshore crane told me a lot about their work, the crane and the Indonesia people. It was really amazing! I checked every little thing from the crane and I went in the cabin. After a hour it was time to go, the Indonesian worker brought me back and I was happy as a kid.

Who is also in love with this big cranes? And have you been in an offshore crane?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten